Playing music is creative, helping us express emotions and communicate, sharpens the mind, improves our focus, our attention span, and our memory;
Studying and playing music helps us read and learn better. Music improves our health, refreshes us, reduces stress, relaxes and energizes us.
Best of all, playing music with others is fun and makes you feel great!
Pretty cool isn’t it?
One-on-one music instruction in Cypress, Texas designed to meet the individual’s unique needs, learning style and musical goals. Lessons with me are effective and enjoyable (fun). You’ll quickly discover that I go beyond handing out music exercises and drills and reading notes and rhythms. Whether an adult or a child, I help my students to play their instrument correctly with expression, and to learn how to learn. My years of teaching experience helps me to quickly understand how you learn and to teach you in an effective enjoyable way giving you the confidence to play independently or with others. Contact me for a trial lesson.
- Trumpet / Cornet
- French Horn
- Euphonium / Baritone
- Guitar - From playing simple chords, to finger style, classical guitar, rock, blues, jazz, country, contemporary Christian
- Song Writing
- All ages, including adults. Few are too young; None are too old.
- Beginners to advanced and come back players.
- Lessons are taught in the afternoons or evenings, and are available in the summer too.
- Students can choose half hour or one hour lessons.
- Try a lesson with me and see if we are a good fit.
- Larry Shudra, a music educator teaching music in Cypress, Texas for over 25 years.
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, Hempstead ISD and privately in my home studio in the Fairfield subdivision in Cypress, Texas.
- BME Baylor University, Trumpet Major, and Instrumental Music Education.
- Experienced in teaching all band instruments, specializing in trumpet and all brass instruments, guitar and drums.
My program of instruction covers playing fundamentals, number one being learning to play the instrument well and with a beautiful tone, then reading music, rhythms, pitch, and a wee bit of music theory and harmony. Students come to me for help in preparation for junior high and high school solos, region, area and all-state auditions. I have been successful working with students with playing problems, focus issues, low self-esteem and performance anxieties. Click here to learn more about me and private lessons…
In-Home Academic Tutoring:
Kathy Shudra, offers academic tutoring in the afternoons and evenings in the Fairfield / Cypress areas. She conveniently comes to your home to teach your child. She is an excellent teacher who prepares lessons designed specifically to help your child with reading and math issues. Doing more than than helping with homework Kathy works to discover why your child is having difficulties and then helps them. Count on Kathy to help your child with reading, math, and writing. More…
- Education degree from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois.
- Texas Teaching Certificate, is also certified in Special Education.
- Taught in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, and Memorial Hall School, Houston, Texas.
- Many years of successful tutoring and choosing and implementing curriculum.
For more information about music lessons or in home tutoring, please use this convenient form:
Listen to a 1977 WNOP AM 740 Air Check !
I listened to WNOP when I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio. Someone sent me this recording of an air check. Brings back fun memories. Click here to read more and listen to more sound files.
Trumpet Lessons Cypress, Trumpet Lessons Houston, Guitar Lessons Cypress, Music Lessons Cypress, Music Lessons Houston.