Playing music is creative, artful, helping us express emotions and communicate deeply, it sharpens the mind, improves our focus, our attention span, and our memory;
Studying and playing music helps us learn better, improves our health, refreshes us, reduces stress, relaxes and energizes us.
Best of all, playing music with others, your family, friends, in worship, in groups, bands or ensembles is fun and makes you feel great!
Pretty cool isn’t it? Try it. It’s never too late.
One-on-one music instruction in Cypress, Texas that is enjoyable and effective. Music lessons for children and adults. I can help you gain the musical knowledge and confidence to play music by yourself, with your family, friends, with others or in worship. Music lessons are designed to meet the individual’s unique music goals and learning style (ADD, ADDHD, OCD, performance anxiety, other focus and learning challenges). Whether an adult or a child, my students learn to play their instrument correctly, with expression, and they learn how to teach themselves.
- Trumpet / Cornet
- French Horn
- Euphonium / Baritone
- Guitar – with or without reading music, finger style, simple chords, TABS
- Song Writing
- Reading TABS or Music
- Music Theory
- Audition preparation – High School Area, All State, College auditions, Junior High District & Region
- All ages, including adults
- Beginners to advanced and come back players
- Lessons are taught in the afternoons or evenings, and in the summers
- Half hour or One hour lessons
- Try a lesson with me to see if we are a good fit
- Larry Shudra, a music educator teaching music in Cypress, Texas publicly and privately since 1982
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, Hempstead ISD and privately in my studio in the Fairfield subdivision, Cypress, Texas
- BME Baylor University, Instrumental Music Education, Trumpet Major
- Experience teaching all band instruments, specializing in trumpet and all brass instruments, plus guitar and drums
In-Home Academic Tutoring:
Kathy Shudra, offers academic tutoring in the afternoons and evenings in the Fairfield / Cypress areas. She conveniently comes to your home to teach your child. She is an excellent teacher who prepares lessons designed specifically to help your child with reading and math issues. Doing more than than helping with homework Kathy works to discover why your child is having difficulties and then helps them. Count on Kathy to help your child with reading, math, and writing. More…
- Education degree from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois.
- Texas Teaching Certificate, is also certified in Special Education.
- Taught in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, and Memorial Hall School, Houston, Texas.
- Many years of successful tutoring and choosing and implementing curriculum.
For more information about music lessons or in home tutoring, please use this convenient form:
Trumpet Lessons Cypress, Trumpet Lessons Houston, Guitar Lessons Cypress, Music Lessons Cypress, Music Lessons Houston, Music Education, Elementary Music, Free Music Teaching Materials, Trombone lessons, French Horn Lessons, Home School music, Orff, Kodaly