Playing music is creative, artful, helping us express emotions and communicate deeply, it sharpens the mind, improves our focus, our attention span, and our memory;
Studying and playing music helps us learn better, improves our health, refreshes us, reduces stress, relaxes and energizes us.
Best of all, playing music with others, your family, friends, in worship, in groups, bands or ensembles is fun and makes you feel great!
Pretty cool isn’t it? Try it. It’s never too late.
One-on-one music instruction in Cypress, Texas that is enjoyable and effective. Music lessons for children and adults. I can help you gain the musical knowledge and confidence to play music by yourself, with your family, friends, with others or in worship. Music lessons are designed to meet your music goals (playing for pleasure/health or to prepare for some type of performance) and your individual learning style (focus/attention, learning, reading challenges, performance anxiety). Whether an adult or a child, my students learn to play their instrument correctly, with expression, to enjoy what they do and how to teach themselves.
- Trumpet / Cornet
- French Horn
- Euphonium / Baritone
- Guitar – with or without reading music, finger style, simple chords, TABS
- Song Writing
- Reading TABS or Music
- Music Theory
- Audition preparation – High School Area, All State, College auditions, Junior High District & Region
- All ages, including adults
- Beginners to advanced and come back players
- Lessons are taught in the afternoons or evenings, and in the summers
- Half hour or One hour lessons
- Larry Shudra, a music educator teaching music in Cypress, Texas publicly and privately since 1982
- Spring Branch ISD, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, Hempstead ISD
- K-5 Elementary Music Specialist, Westwood Elem., Spring Branch ISD
- Middle and High School Band CFISD
- BME Baylor University, Instrumental Music Education, Trumpet Major
- Experience teaching all band instruments, specializing in trumpet and all brass instruments, guitar and drums
In-Home Academic Tutoring:
Kathy Shudra, offers one-to-one academic instruction in the Fairfield / Bridgelands / Cypress areas. She conveniently comes to your home to teach your child. Doing more than than helping with homework, Kathy works to discover why your child is having difficulties and then creates lessons to help them. She is a thorough, excellent and patient teacher who prepares lessons designed specifically to help your child academically and help them build confidence and the ability to learn how to learn. Count on Kathy to help your child with more than just reading, math, and writing. More…
- Education degree from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois.
- Texas Teaching Certificate, is also certified in Special Education.
- Taught in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, and Memorial Hall School, Houston, Texas.
- Many years of successful tutoring and choosing and implementing curriculum.
For more information about music lessons or in home tutoring, please use this convenient form:
Trumpet Lessons Cypress, Trumpet Lessons Houston, In home tutoring, Guitar Lessons Cypress, Music Lessons Cypress, Music Lessons Houston, Adult music lessons, Music Education, Elementary Music, Free Music Teaching Materials, Trombone lessons, French Horn Lessons, Home School music, Orff, Kodaly, Adult Music Lessons